Wednesday, September 10, 2008

All Star series teams are the new black

We've all heard about Thompson High, ladies and gentlemen. The story goes that the vast majority of Rhino from last year decided to take a year off from the intense dedication required to make an elite club team, and to play for a new tournaments-only team.
Apparently their model has been copied. I bring you: NPR. Their roster is stocked with Black Tide's best players from the near past (Rory, A-Bomb, Jameson, Ethan, Tyler, Charlie) as well as Old Man Brown. I predict they give SDU a big fight in the first round with SDU pulling out the game by virtue of their pickups of the Smith brothers and old favorites like Kubiak and Big Mike. They'll crush everyone else in the pool and lose to Condors in a close game in semis.
You heard it here first.

1 comment:

Handy said...

Hey Jughead, Handy here.

For your consideration, just to clear things up: I'm an editor at MSSUI (http://mssui.com/authors/jack_hanlon/), played for Ireland's best open team while living in Dublin, played high school and college on the east coast at schools you've never heard of but now live in the Bay Area. Everyone who knows me, knows me by my nickname, that's all. I'm not saying it's that many people, or that you should know me, per se. I stand by my previous assertion of anonymity vs. signature (the same reason we sign petitions instead of just saying "Yes, we should do something about that."), but respect your difference of opinion. No worries.

Also, nice write up.

-Jack 'Handy' Hanlon (better?)