Thursday, May 8, 2008

Welcome to the Jughead Show

Hello teammates, friends, and stalkers,
I've been an avid (obsessive) ultimate blog reader for some time, and I thought I would be remiss in not joining in the conversation now that I am done with college. I was inspired to finally start a blog while researching my final term paper for a history course. The books A Social History of the Media by Asa Briggs and Peter Burke, We the Media by Dan Gillmor, and Fans, Bloggers, Gamers: Exploring Participatory Culture by Henry Jenkins really convinced me to add my voice to the mix. I might post the paper later if I think it's appropriate.

Anyway, my current conception of this blog is that I'll critique (positive and negative) the posts of other blogs I read, as well as significant RSD threads. Most likely there will be more criticism than agreement...

I'll also write a lot about my former team/brothers the Claremont Braineaters, my Seattle ultimate friends/teammates, and whichever team in the Bay Area I end up playing for this club season (Whit's unnamed mixed team? YR? This Santa Cruz team Joaq keeps telling me about? A more traditional club powerhouse?). And whatever else I feel like writing about.

Enjoy.

3 comments:

Dan Chazin said...

Welcome...to the blogosphere...

Markham said...

post more, post more, post more, post more, post more (to the tune of labeard)
-have a good time at senior week

Joaq said...

pat moore, pat moore, wait, nm.

It's about time Jay, and congrats on all region. Oh, and I'm captaining that SC team, so you should play.