Friday, October 24, 2008

LSAT Results - No Ultimate Content

So I was minding my own business on a balmy Oakland afternoon, sitting in a cake of dried sweat from my first workout in months, when I found out that LSAT scores were being released a few days early. I googled a little to find some message board that confirmed this tip (seriously, who are these people that hang around standardized test message boards?).

I was Facebook chatting with my LSAT friend KD when I got the new message notification in Gmail. From: "LSAC SCORE." Subject: "Your October 2008 LSAT Score." I couldn't bring myself to open it. It was a feeling more intense than waiting to see your semester report card or final exam score in one of those classes where it actually mattered.

I switched tabs back to Facebook chat.
"oh shit I got an email"
"didnt open it yet"
"i feel like i am staring down the firing squad"

Back to Gmail. I opened the e-mail cautiously. I had just started to make a little chart with what emotion I would feel for any of the scores in my potential range. Too late. I scanned the e-mail. The first line with any numbers jumped out at me. It had low digits in it. I panicked for about a quarter of a second before I realized that was just my account number.

Next line down.

"Your October 2008 LSAT score is 169. The percentile rank is 97."

Yyyyeeeaaaaahhhhhh baby! Better than any of the 5 practice tests I took. Higher than approx. 48,500 of the other approx. 50,000 that took the exam. If I had gotten 170 I would've been over the moon. So 169 was a close door prize.

This calls for some Joose!

2 comments:

Dan Chazin said...

Congratulations on missing regionals and a chance to play Sockeye you very smart son of a bitch, I'm proud of you.

Miles said...

chug that joose for rook