Thursday, October 9, 2008

Not much going on...

except
1. Took the LSAT on Saturday. Had a near brush with disaster as "police activity" shut down the freeway for 40 minutes and I showed up late, but it worked out in the end as everything was behind schedule anyway. Shooting for a 170, but we'll see come October 27th.

2. First Regionals weekend. I had to take the LSAT while my squad was battling the finest teams in the country in terrible weather in the good ol NW. Highlight: Shy handblocks Tim Gehret on one goalline and skies him on the other one all in the same point. Not bad, but not THIS: Anyway, we could only get 9 guys (plus Ollie and Joaq) up to Burlington which is a bummer, but I am excited to get my hands on the sweet jerseys finally.

3. Looking for a job. Any suggestions?

4. Apparently Beau lives in Oakland now. Not that I am excited about running into him at the store or anything.

5. Decided to give Google Reader a chance. I love clicking on the same 57 (literally) links over and over again (truthfully) but perhaps this will take away an excuse to spend so much time on the old comp.

6. Trying to beat Minesweeper with a custom grid: Expert size, 145 mines instead of 99. My best so far is 140.

7. Almost done with the Sopranos. I think I can admit that it is better than The Wire, and while I still am very fond of Dexter, Sops is right up there with it. Hm, that is a lot of violence.

2 comments:

Dan Chazin said...

This is just the lull before the storm. If you want a job that pays and gives you produce, work at the farmers' market.

Dan Bobrowsky said...

Yeah, Google Reader does make life a lot easier. I actually just watched all of the Sopranos over the summer. After you watch the final episode you may want to give this a read, I found it both interesting and elucidating:

http://masterofsopranos.wordpress.com/the-sopranos-definitive-explanation-of-the-end/

I also enjoy Dexter (as I suppose I should, given my team award two years ago). I want to watch The Wire sometime soon, but am hesitant to start watching another show in the middle of the semester.